AKPINAR VILLAGE INSTITUTE
Director: Ahmet Soner
2000-2012, 70’, Turkey, Turkish
The establishment was first inaugurated as an Instructor Course in 1939 in Kamlık Village of Samsun’s Havza County with Nurettin Biriz as the founding director. The endeavor was continued in Akpınar near Ladik County and, in 1940, the school began operating as an institute with 34 students. New buildings were erected with the help of a team of twenty arriving from Çifteler Village Institute and, the following year, nine buildings accommodated a total of 94 students with new recruits from the towns of Amasya and Tokat. Akpınar Village Institute, which admitted 40 female students for the first time in 1942, graduated 828 teachers until the day it was closed.