ARİFİYE VILLAGE INSTITUTE
Director: Ahmet Soner
2000-2012, 70’, Turkey, Turkish
Founded in 1940 next to the Arifiye train station with 100 instructors and 200 students, the institute admitted students from Bursa, Kocaeli, Adapazarı, Bolu, Bilecik and Yalova; a fish market was established next to Lake Sapanca. Beşikdüzü and Arifiye were the only two institutes with fishery instruction. With Süleyman Edip Balkır as the founding director for seven years, Arifiye Village Institute trained 1111 teachers until it was shut down. Today, the main building of the institute in Arifiye is being used as a Healthcare Vocational High School.